FOR PRINTABLE ZONING PERMIT APPLICATIONS – CLICK HERE
FOR A PRINTABLE CITIZEN’S GUIDE FOR DEVELOPERS – CLICK HERE
Zoning/Development Permit Approvals
Putnam County approved its first zoning ordinance in April 1996 for the Unincorporated Area of Teays Valley.
- Additional regulations for signage, landscaping and screening, road access and parking were incorporated in the zoning ordinance in April 1998.
- The zoned area in Teays Valley is generally the same area covered by Putnam PSD sewer service.
- The Zoning Ordinance for the Zoned Unincorporated Areas of Putnam County was adopted in May 2003 which regulates the previously zoned areas of Teays Valley and along the proposed US35 corridor.
- You can obtain the zoning designation for a parcel of property by calling the Office of Planning & Infrastructure at 304-586-0237 with the tax map and parcel number.
- ZONING MAPS
- SPECIAL NOTICE: Please call the Office of Planning and Infrastructure at 304-586-0237 for ZONING DESIGNATION of a property. The assessor’s office is in the process of updating/revising the tax maps. When that is complete, the Zoning Maps will be reloaded here for your convenience.
|REZONING REQUEST||$200.00 per request|
|TEXT AMENDMENT REQUEST||$200.00 per request|
|SPECIAL PERMIT USE||$100 .00 plus building permit fee|
|APPEAL OF SPECIAL PERMIT USE DECISION||$100.00 per appeal filed|
|APPEAL OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE DECISION||$200.00 per appeal|
|ZONING VARIANCE REQUEST||$200.00 per request OR $300.00 if construction is underway|